American Bridge Company
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Department: Field Operations
Reports To: Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision Date: 08/06/2021
The Logistics Manager under the direction of the Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, management, coordination, distribution, and delivery of materials, supplies and equipment. They are responsible for providing supervisory support and leadership in the international shipping of goods and materials from mainland U.S. to the Bahamas on a timely basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Plan and Manage supply, warehouse, and distribution on large scale construction project
Organize the full cycle of goods from procurement, warehousing, shipping, transportation, storage, and delivery of major materials.
Prepare and manage logistics plan
Coordinate with Suppliers, Shipping Companies and Project Manager
Hands on experience with supply chain management, project management and accounting software
Good grasp of local and international suppliers of basic construction materials
Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
Other Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to legally work in the Bahamas
• Must be willing to work in a drug-free environment and agree to a post offer drug test.
• Must be willing to work safely and keep OSHA recordable incidents to a minimum.
• Comprehensive knowledge of industry standards and specialty design software; must be proficient with MS Office, Procore and JD Edwards
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively plan and organize to meet project deadlines.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspect of construction (technology, equipment, methods), company policies, procedures and standards; and union jurisdiction, labor agreements, negotiation skills essential.
• Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), estimating and forecasting software.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Supply Chain Management and Logistics, Finance, or Business Administration, or related field.
• Minimum twelve (8) years’ experience, working with a variety of disciplines including engineers, designers, superintendents, and agency representatives. This must include experience with international shipping and
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Current driver's license
• A PE license is a plus
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts related to structural engineering and related calculations. Individual should some level of business acumen, including knowledge of operating expenses, profit, etc. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word-Processing software, reporting tools related to databases. Must have the ability to learn design software programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk.
American Bridge Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection is based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. American Bridge does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristics.