American Bridge Company
Staff Accountant – Leases
The Staff Accountant will support several aspects of Accounting and Reporting as it relates to the Heavy Civil construction projects. This position will work under the supervision of the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for preparing and maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledgers; prepare and analyze budgets; and perform general accounting functions.
Essential Duties Responsibilities
- Assist with implementation and management of ASC 842 leasing standard
- Assists in the preparation of consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports, verifying information
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files, reconciling accounts
- Preparation of reconciliations of general ledger and bank accounts
- Preparation of miscellaneous accounts receivable and field inquires
- Assist with project accounting on an as need basis
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for special projects by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information as needed
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work in a drug-free environment and agree to a post offer drug test.
- Must be willing to work safely and keep OSHA recordable incidents to a minimum.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry standards and accounting principles; must be proficient with MS Office.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively plan and organize to meet project deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a Staff Accountant
- ASC 842 leasing standard experience preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with accounting concepts and related calculations. Individual should some level of business acumen, including knowledge of operating expenses, profit, etc. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, reporting tools related to databases.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current driver's license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk.
American Bridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/H/V