Social Media and Communications Coordinator
Social Media and Communications Coordinator
The construction industry is full of incredible stories, and Southland Holdings LLC is looking for a Social Media and Communications Coordinator to help us tell ours. From the structures we build to the tunnels we dig, we are a leading innovator in complex projects.
This role is critical in the development and growth of the Southland Holdings social media and communications strategy and will work with a passionate, dynamic group of professionals who deliver challenging heavy civil construction projects. The ideal candidate is obsessive about the latest social media tools, trends, and technology and is always looking to stay at the forefront of communications.
The Social Media and Communications Coordinator is responsible for leading our brand presence and channel growth across social media platforms. This involves creating calendars, managing and scheduling posts, and diving deep on analytics and performance. You will work closely with corporate departments and projects to develop compelling, engaging content that furthers marketing and company goals.
In addition to social media, this position proactively develops ideas and content for communications, including websites, internal news, and marketing pieces.
- Develop, implement, and manage Southland Holdings’ social media strategy
- Create and maintain a daily/weekly/monthly content calendar
- Generate content in text, photo, and video format for both external and internal communications
- Set up and monitor SEO and analytics, provide regular reporting on engagement and performance
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with technical and field staff and serve as a conduit to gather content
- Draft copy for external websites and assist in website maintenance
- Draft and distribute internal announcements and newsletters, taking initiative to search out stories and compelling news
- Assist in the planning, writing, editing, and publishing of Connections Magazine
- Stay up to date on industry trends, events, and initiatives
- Utilize a consistent voice across all marketing efforts
- At least five years’ experience in marketing and communications, with considerable preference given to experience in the A/E/C industry or other highly technical area
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- Proven work experience managing multi-channel social media presence for corporate-level or business entities
- Ability to develop overall social media strategy as well as track performance and growth related to each social media channel
- Self-starter that takes initiative and presents ideas to expand social media and communications
- Be creative, innovative, and enjoy working in a team environment and pitching ideas
- Working knowledge of graphic design
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, including photo and video editing programs; Microsoft Suite; CMS such as WordPress; HootSuite or similar platform
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical concepts into easily understood content for a wide range of audiences
- Must be detail-oriented and a conscientious editor with a firm grasp of proper grammar. Able to analyze intended audience and customize content.
- Anticipated travel up to 15%
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year College or University in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current driver's license
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts related to business acumen, financial concepts, and various HR related calculations. A high math aptitude is necessary for computer automation projects and logic. An understanding of statistics and other higher level math is necessary. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 20% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
American Bridge Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection is based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. American Bridge does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristics.