Job Description | Graphic Designer
Southland Holdings is looking for an experienced graphic designer to join our marketing and proposal team in either the Grapevine, TX or Pittsburgh, PA office. Southland Holdings, LLC encompasses some of the most accomplished heavy civil firms in the industry, and we pursue complex, challenging projects across North America. The successful candidate will become a vital part of the continued success of the company, with significant opportunities to influence how Southland Holdings presents itself across a wide array of marketing materials and mediums.
This role is critical to the development and expansion of the company’s branding and marketing efforts. From providing advice and vision for overall brand standards and aesthetics to the look and feel of all our marketing materials, this role is a central part of the Marketing Department. You will work with a diverse group of professionals to create materials for proposals, marketing materials, social media, and other internal and external projects. We’re looking for someone who can take complex technical ideas and translate them into compelling imagery to tell stories to clients, the public, and our employees. As Graphic Designer, you will significantly influence in the way Southland Holdings communicates with our clients, employees, and the communities in which we operate.
• Lead the continued development of the Southland Holdings brand for the entire family of companies
• Drive direction on marketing materials, including brochures, templates, website, social media, print, and electronic pieces
• Develop graphics for proposals, including covers/tabs, renderings, and specialty imagery
• Create layouts for proposals, resumes, and project sheets
• Work directly with technical leads to conceptualize graphics for proposals and other efforts
• Enforce the Brand Standards
• Create custom logos and marketing materials for projects (internal and external)
• Layout and graphics for Connections Magazine
• At least 5 years’ experience in graphic design, with preference given to those with a background in the A/E/C world
• Strong design sense and vision
• Ability to creatively transfer complex technical concepts into easily-understood graphics
• High level of proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint/Word
• Experience creating/editing videos a significant plus
• Understands brand standards and guidelines
• Detail-oriented and ability to maintain high standards in a deadline-driven environment
• Curiosity to learn about our work and the markets we serve
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year College or University in Graphics Design, Communications, Journalism or related field and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current driver's license
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts related to business acumen, financial concepts, and various HR related calculations. A high math aptitude is necessary for computer automation projects and logic. An understanding of statistics and other higher level math is necessary. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 20% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
American Bridge Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection is based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. American Bridge does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristics.