We have an immediate opportunity available for a Master Heavy Equipment Mechanic to with experience in troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of various pieces of equipment used in the Heavy Civil Construction Industry to include Cranes, Crawlers, Compressors, Welders and various sizes of Diesel Trucks. We provide all the necessary tools for this this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Mechanic will be responsible for working in the equipment yard as well as the shop as needed.
- Must have experience with cranes, both hydraulic and friction rigs. Manitowoc crane experience preferred
- Experience with tug boats, outboard motors, medium size generators (20 KW-300KW), and small equipment
- Marine construction experience preferred. Caribbean or offshore work experience a plus.
- Must have passport and be available to travel (generally 1-2 weeks at a time)
- Experience in preventative maintenance tracking systems such as HCSS Equipment 360, as well as Microsoft Suite (Excel/Word/Outlook/etc) a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work in a drug-free environment and agree to a post offer drug test.
- Must be willing to work safely and keep OSHA recordable incidents to a minimum.
- The candidate must have excellent diagnostic skills and a willingness to continue to improve technical knowledge and ability.
- The ability to communicate well and get along with others is an important attribute for the success of this position.
- This candidate must possess a professional attitude, as well as the willingness to work the necessary hours to meet all customer needs.
Education and/or Experience
The candidate must have a minimum of technical training on diesel and/or heavy equipment experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Compliance with all safety and company policies and procedures is a must. The candidate must have a valid Driver's License and a good driving record. A CDL License would be a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general shop manuals, periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
Ability to work with accounting concepts and related calculations. Individual should some level of business acumen, including knowledge of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Work with current computer systems in the diagnostics and repair of equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must lift a variety of parts and tools, which can weigh up to 75 pounds. Many of the repair tasks must be performed in awkward positions such as lying on the back, crouching, squatting, kneeling, and stooping. Assistance is not generally available. They must endure prolonged forward and overhead arm positions while repairing the equipment. They must be able to use the hands to grasp tools and parts.
Generally this position will work in a shop environment but may have to from time to time go into the field and repair equipment
American Bridge Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection is based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. American Bridge does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristics.