Sr Construction Scheduler
American Bridge is currently seeking a Sr Construction Scheduler. This position requires a proficient working knowledge of Oracle/Primavera Project Management (P6 v8.3 or later) and an ability to apply a logical progression of construction knowledge primarily in heavy civil infrastructure work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop detailed engineering and construction critical path method (CPM) pre-bid and baseline project schedule(s) (via Primavera) based upon input from estimating representatives and/or contract documents. May assemble data from variety of sources.
• Resource/cost loading of project schedule(s). Develop baseline and updated cashflow charts/data as requested.
• Write schedule narratives for Baseline Schedules
• Work with Project Teams and support them with updates to the project schedule at regular intervals, helping to identify and record the impact of work performed, and/or not performed as scheduled. This includes aiding in the collection of actual dates and quantities installed via field records, progress data supplied by others, and/or visual inspection. Construction Scheduler would also support project teams in updating and maintaining actual costs/resources inputting data consistent with project invoicing.
• Train Project Team members in the use of P6 Support management through preparation and maintenance of forecasts and schedules.
• Interface with other departments to provide scheduling/cost data for items such as sub-contract changes requests, bid comparisons, new work item estimates, and resolution of potential schedule/work problems.
• Develop preliminary and/or detailed schedules for estimates and work to be bid. Support Estimating Department with schedules for pursuits across the company on projects of all sizes
• Actively participate in change order and claims management efforts.
• Coordinate with project teams to analyze delays and impacts and assist in the development of recovery schedules. Support scheduling needs within large Joint Ventures and P3 pursuits.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to legally work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in a drug-free environment and agree to a post offer drug test.
• Must be willing to work safely and keep OSHA recordable incidents to a minimum.
• Experience with self-performing construction activities for heavy infrastructure projects. Mastery of the Primavera Scheduling Software (P6).
• Experience in the use of other scheduling software is preferred but not required, e.g. Tilos, MS Project, Asta PowerProject
• Experience in change orders and claims management
• Comprehensive knowledge of industry standards including the AACEi RP29-03
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications and prepare project schedules with minimal supervision
• Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies. Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to work from Coraopolis, PA
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively plan and organize to meet project deadlines.
• Able to interact effectively with others across spectrum of the company.
• Willing to travel (approx. 10%) to project and project pursuit locations as needed to support project teams and project pursuits.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 5-8 years construction scheduling experience. Specifically with bridge and infrastructure work.
A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Current driver's license
• Professional certification such as PSP or PMI-SP is a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Must have strong business and financial acumen. Should have a strong understanding of production and earned value calculations, percent complete accounting, cash flow, financial formulas to gauge the health of a project, etc.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database systems, internet software; advanced knowledge of Excel including use of formulas, Word, and PowerPoint Software, and other computer-related concepts. Experience with Procore and SharePoint is preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is mostly in an office environment; however, this individual will travel to project sites frequently. The office work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 20% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. While visiting job sites, the individual is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. Additionally, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Finally, the individual will be exposed to significant heights and limited walkways, which will require the use of a fall arrest system. The noise level at project construction sites is usually loud.
While traveling to project sites, the individual will be exposed to typical vehicle and airplane hazards experienced by common commuters and travelers.
American Bridge Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection is based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. American Bridge does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristics.