American Bridge is seeking an Electrical Engineer to collaboratively work with our estimating and operations teams on build-bid and design-build pursuits and awarded projects throughout the United States and the Caribbean. The experienced Electrical Engineer must have experience in electrical design and/or managing/overseeing electrical construction work.
- Review pursuit contract documents for electrical and systems related scopes.
- Perform full quantity take-offs on pursuits as they relate to electrical and systems related scopes.
- Must have the ability to translate conceptual design, project drawings, CPM schedule, and technical specifications of a bridge, marine, or complex construction project into full-scope cost estimates with accurate cost forecasting.
- Analyzes alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of bids.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating techniques, engineering means and methods, materials, construction techniques, and services.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with joint venture partners, consultants, subs, and suppliers.
- Travels to project sites to assess progress of various company-wide projects, attend project meetings, and perform site investigations as needed.
- Participates in Qualification and Proposal efforts with occasional Proposal writing assignments.
- Ensures close cooperation and support to the Area Managers with a high level of collaboration.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Develop, maintain, and optimize the construction schedule to reduce costs
Requirements And Skills
- 5+ years of experience as a construction and/or design professional
- In-depth understanding of electrical procedures and principles
- Experience participating on design-build pursuits or projects
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office and Bluebeam
- Familiarity with P6 schedules
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in engineering or relevant field experience with Electrical concentration
- Experience with movable bridges, rail/transit work, and/or solar/power generation preferred.
Apply for this position